Wednesday, September 5, 2012

20 Years!

Normally I would have shared this on Give Me Something to Sing About, but I've had to make that blog private. If you've been a reader of that blog and want an invite, please feel free to email me :)

I wrote this on another forum and wanted to post here--It's my 20th Wedding Anniversary!!




I really can't believe it's been 20 years....we dated for 4 yrs in college, so we've been together for more than half my life.

We had wanted to do something big this year but finances just weren't there. And I haven't been feeling well this week, so going out to dinner has been moved to this weekend.

BUT! Today has been lovely and wonderful, migraine/pain be damned.

My husband let me buy tickets to Wicked (6th row center!!)--it's not until January so I have months to wait lol. He picked me up some nummy stuff from Panera for our "brunch" at home.

Then we exchanged cards--his made me cry. I swear it was like someone KNEW our lives. And the sweet thing--my daughter picked out the one for my DH since I couldn't get to the store and it was perfect and sweet.

Then gifts--I got him a new watch, a wallet and polo shirt w/ our college emblem (that's where we met, dated, and where he proposed). He got me a gorgeous amethyst necklace, very sophisticated and sparkly :D

He just brought in a vase of lovely pink variegated roses. I told him I could get used to this  ;)

Our kids shocked us--we knew they were going to get us something--they gave us a $50 GC to Bonefish Grill! They know we love to go there but rarely have time or money. I think it says something when our kids want to honor us this way!!

Hubby picked up a cake from a restaurant (our favorite bakery closed *sniffles*) and we ordered a bottle of Moet & Chandon that got here just in time. He's going to make dinner--escargot, conch fritters, stuffed mushrooms, lobster tails and crab claws.

I am so, so blessed. It's been rough lately and spending the day with him has been so awesome even if we didn't do much. Just being together.


Welcome to the Ball Pit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Turns out you don't just need food, water and air to survive--I need comments!